So I laid out the blocks again, without the paper.
Hmmm. I liked that better. (Sorry for the bad lighting.) So I stitched it all up, and added lots of details with embroidery thread--much more than I usually do, but the details of the real lighthouse are so distinctive that I got carried away. Don't look too closely at the embroidery. It's not precise--I'm a little rusty with detailed work. (Probably need new glasses.)
I think if I ever make this pattern again, I'll do the windows with sewing thread instead of embroidery so that they show but don't stand out so much. Oh well. I learn something with everything I make.
I'm glad I followed my husband's advice to combine the blocks into one. Now to make the fabric border and frame the piece. I'll be back Friday with the finished project.
I'm linking up today with Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday.