August was a busy month of finishes (two baby quilts and three for donation). Here are this week's finish and one other. I'll show the baby quilts in later posts.
Stacked Coins (actually last week's finish) was made for A Mother's Hope ministry of Margaret's Hope Chest. The quilts are given to mothers who are overcoming postpartum depression in a day treatment program. I found the pattern by amandajean on Crazy Mom Quilts. I discovered Margaret's Hope Chest on amandajean's blog by accident one day when I was looking for fun, quick patterns. The site tugged at my heart for a number of reasons and there were some neat connections between me and the location of the program that made it a good fit for my donation quilts.
The brightly printed fabric in Stacked Coins is the Garden Party collection from P&B textiles that I won in a blog tour giveaway several months ago. I added Kona Cotton in white for the sashing. The coins are 2 by 4 1/2 inches and the sashes are 3 inches. The finished quilt is about 39 by 53 inches after washing. The batting is Quilter's Dream Cotton Select and the thread is Superior King Tut Cotton in Temple.
For the back, I used 1 1/2 yards of a print plus leftovers from the front.
I really need to find a better way to take pictures or crop them. All my quilts have feet!
The other quilt--finished this week--is Cartwheels, also a pattern from Crazy Mom Quilts. It's also for A Mother's Hope program. I used the same garden party fabric, Kona White and batting. The quilting thread is Superior King Tut Cotton, Temple on top and White Linen in the bobbin--because that's what I had on hand. The blocks are 8 inches and size is 39 by 50 1/2 inches after washing. For the back I used 1 1/2 yards of a yellow dot fabric plus some leftovers from the front.
As usual, both quilts were pieced on my Singer Featherweight and meander quilted on my Singer treadle.