Monday, October 26, 2015

Nesting Gramma Style

Nope, that grandbaby is not here yet. And now I can say it's officially overdue. Well, by one day, anyway. 

So here's how I've been passing the time waiting. I was going to make some bibs but just wasn't that into it. Then I came across this post by Andrea at Mouse in my Pocket. I dug around in my scraps and came up with ribbon and fabric to make my own little taggie blankie. What fun! (Thanks for the idea, Andrea!!)



A lot of the fabric is from quilts I made for this little baby's cousins. The solid blue and vehicle fabrics (Daddy's an automotive engineer, so yeah) are flannel, and the tags are ribbons left over from decorating for Mommy and Daddy's wedding rehearsal party. I cut fabrics 2 and 3 inches wide and variable lengths to make the strips. The whole thing (without the tags) measures about 10 1/2 by 12 inches. 

Here's the back (fleece leftover from a sleeper I made for L's doll):


I did some minimal quilting to hold it all together. 

While I was rooting around in the fabric bins, I came across just enough flannel left over from C's bibs that I made in December to make a couple more. So I got into bib making after all. 

Mommy and Daddy both went to MSU, and Mommy likes animals.

Minimal quilting as seen from the back.
Okay, I'm done. I'll link this up with Cynthia at Quilting is more Fun than Housework for Oh Scrap!  (Whoa, two scrap projects in a week. I may need to post her button.) If I'm not otherwise occupied later this week, I'll link up with some other parties. Buttons are on the side.

5 comments:

Jasmine said...

So cute! Makes me glad I've been saving my ribbon scraps.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Ohhhh the waiting...atleast you kept yourself busy.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

That little blanket is adorable. Keep up the scrappy goodness! We love to see it all on Oh Scrap!

Rosa said...

So beautiful,love them all and sure the mom would be overjoyed with them!!

Sandra Walker said...

Overdue! Ah...not fun, as I can attest. A taggie blankie is so cute! I will have to file that idea for when I make a fiddle quilt for a senior with dementia or Alzheimer's. And hey! Go Spartans!