Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Binding Project

This week, I'm learning how to bind inside angles and 90+degree outside angles. It's taking awhile, but it's going pretty well. I looked at a lot of different tutorials and thought about doing the whole thing by machine, but in the end I decided to stitch it on the front by machine and do hand sewing on the back. That way I could fiddle with the miters. They're not perfect, but I'm pleased with how they're turning out. I'm glad I could do this with crossgrain binding. Bias binding and I don't get along. 



I'm hoping for a Friday Finish and nice enough weather to get some photos of the quilt outside.

I'm linking up today with Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday, Sew Fresh Quilts for Let's Bee Social, and Freemotion By the River for Linky Tuesday.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great Janine. Has it taken a lot of extra time? I suppose when you factor in the piecing to gain the straight edge, it might not be too bad? Either way, it is lovely. :-)

Jasmine said...

I'm glad you are able to work out the binding. I have done the outward points/angles before, but never the other. Your quilt is looking so good.

Kaja said...

This is look great, though fiddly!

Lorna McMahon said...

Good for you, Janine! I have made one quilt that had inside corners and found it to be a valuable learning experience. Yours is looking fantastic! Looking forward to your Friday Finish!

Purple Boots and Pigtails said...

Beautiful & Challenging! I can't wait to see the finish!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Your binding came our great and totally inspires me!