Saturday, August 27, 2022

Bits of Orange

Just a quick Rainbow Scrap Challenge orange post this month. I really didn't have all that many orange scraps compared to some of my other colors--especially strings. Only enough of those for one Meals on Wheels quilt-as-you-go placemat. 

14 by 18 inches

I used a single piece of tone-on-tone this time for the back. Those creases are just from folds in the fabric from who knows how many years in a drawer. They don't really show as much as in the photo, but I should have pressed before sewing. A quick press later will remove them. Don't you love the binding? Yummy stripe leftover from the baby quilt for one of my grandsons more than 7 1/2 years ago. 


I had about 18 feet of adding machine tape scraps this month. 


And then there were more Bear Paws with orange.


I have quite a few of these Bear Paws now. I will have to count them and figure out whether I need to make more from the last two colors of the year. If I lay them all out, I'll be able to see what might still be needed. I'm thinking I might want a bit of sashing, in which case I may have enough blocks for a decent sized quilt. I have an idea for the sashing, but it needs to percolate. 

So that's the orange scrap bin pretty much emptied except for a few odds and ends. My big RSC project for the month is the completion of the RSC quilt I've been working on since the beginning of 2021. I think that deserves its own post don't you? Check it out. Yup! Two posts today.

I'm linking up this week with Angela at So Scrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday and with Cynthia at Quilting is more fun than Housework for Oh Scrap. 

I hope you've had a month of bits and finishes, too!

2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

from what I have seen posted a lot of people said they didn't have many orange colors! I ordered a few more to replenish my stack because I was running out of them too

Jenny said...

Lovely colourful bears paws, they look very exotic!