Saturday, May 4, 2019

RSC Butterfly Bits

It's May now, and I know the official RSC (Rainbow Scrap Challenge) color has changed, but I want to share my aqua bits anyway. I made them on the last day of April. Whew! (To my credit, I did do other sewing with aqua earlier in the month, just not scraps.) Luckily, I only had to make butterfly bits last month, not crumb blocks. The background fabric for my crumb blocks has blues but not aqua/turquoise, so those blocks got a rest. The light's been awful for photos lately, but here's what I have:
The colors are prettier and brighter than here. I tried not to let myself be stymied by the whole aqua/turquoise/teal conundrum. Just went with lighter for the top wings and darker for the bottom ones. I think after the next color (ORANGE!) I'll be ready to think about possible background fabric. The butterflies will look so much better with those strings added in on the block corners and with the body pieces. 

So that's it for April. I'll need to get going sooner than the last day of the month for Orange. I have to make both crumb and butterfly blocks. 

I'm linking up this weekend with Angela at So Scrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday and with Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun than Housework for Oh Scrap!

Happy Scrapping!

12 comments:

Mari said...

Nice strings! They look like butterflies already!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I like your plan of lighter strings on top and darker on the bottom. Those blocks are going to make great butterflies!

PaulaB quilts said...

Love your butterflies and I can’t wait to see them paired with orange.

Katie Z. said...

They are gorgeous!

Cathy said...

Your butterflies are so cute and cheery! Congrats on getting them done.

Louise said...

Such a pretty color family, isn't it? I'm with you on the name conundrum and just divided mine into darker and lighter when necessary :)

The Joyful Quilter said...

I really like your String-y Butterflies (and may have to consider these for another year of rainbow scrappy fun!) Looking forward to seeing them as the "mature" into completed blocks.

Linda said...

I do love these butterflies, and you had a nice variety of aquas in your stash!

Auntie Em said...

These butterflies look ready to soar! I think the division of lights on top and darks on the bottom give them great dimension!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I know I have said it before but I adore these! I will have to add one to my garden quilt. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Preeti said...

Aqua butterflies are always welcome :-) be it April or May.

Sandra Walker said...

I so love seeing your butterflies appear, whenever in the month they do! I loved watching Joanne's (Canuck Quilter) 'take flight' last year, and now I have yours to admire!