Saturday, March 17, 2018

Green!

I've been all wrapped up (sometimes quite literally) in another project the last couple of weeks, so I haven't been blogging. I'll try to share some of that next week, but I can share these little RSC18 gems this week.
Hey, they're green! (Like those little daffodil shoots coming up in my garden)


So, Happy Saint Patrick's Day! 


I don't make much of this holiday, and sadly, don't even have anything green to wear today even though it's one of my favorite colors. That's odd. You'd think my wardrobe would be full of green. Nope, this seems to be the year of black (always!) and mostly gray, teal and burgundy. Hmm. 

These are so fun to sew in the evenings while I watch TV. 
Now that I look at the photos, some of those corners are a bit bigger than I'd like. I could easily fix that by sewing one more little strip. We'll see. 
It's a blast to see how they all look together and then to rearrange them with the squares from the other months. 
But wow, does this ever make the year go fast. Not sure how I feel about that. Well, that's it for today. I'm linking up with Angela at soscrappy for Scraphappy Saturday and with  Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework for Oh Scrap (on Sunday). 

Okay, back to the treadle for another quilting session. (That's my version of March Madness, as I'm not all that into the basketball tourneys on TV.) Have a fun weekend, whether you celebrate the wearin' o' the green and basketball or not.  




11 comments:

PaulaB quilts said...

Your collection so far looks great. I like the dash of a different color in each block.

Julie in GA said...

Great string blocks--I love seeing all the colors together!

The Joyful Quilter said...

That's a lot of stringy goodness on your design wall!!!

Kaja said...

I love green too, but like you seem mostly to wear other colours - no idea how this happens! Your strings are looking good.

KaHolly said...

Looking great! Green is my favorite color, too, but I had to dig deep to find a green T-shirt to wear.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Boy those string blocks look so great together! Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Louise said...

Such pretty little string blocks! The pop of color is particularly effective with green. Like little flowers nestled in among the leaves :)

Linda said...

Saw your green strings on IG and fell in love! I love the colors you put with the greens. All your strings look so pretty together.

Marsha Cooper said...

I hope this week to get my string blocks all together into a project bag

Sandra Walker said...

Ooh! I love seeing all the colours together! I saw your green ones on IG. You and Bernie, are tempting me sorely to start another RSC....

Janice Holton said...

This string quilt is going to be really pretty! My favorite color is red and I hardly have any red clothes either. What's up with that? :) I am very curious to see what your special project is!