Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Row Quilt Back Plan?

Silly me, I thought I'd have a quilt back to share today. Right. With a full weekend that started with family for Thanksgiving, and then went on to a visit to the children's museum, an early birthday party for my daughter and granddaughter (since we couldn't be with them on the big day yesterday), and a road trip to help my son and daughter-in-law move into their new home, well, quilt construction took a back seat, and that's okay.

I did get the front of Baby's Row Quilt finished yesterday. I just have to remove some paper. So now I'm planning the back, and then it's off to the fabric store to buy a few bits of fabric because I didn't plan for the back when I started the quilt. Here's what I've got so far for an idea:


Maybe square in a square or a simple nine patch, or some of each. Oh, and a giraffe. There are giraffes on the changing pad cover that started the color scheme for this quilt, but my daughter said she's not going crazy with the giraffe theme. Well, I just had to include one on the back. When my granddaughter found out she was going to have a baby brother, she first named him Elmo, but now she says his name is going to be Melman (the giraffe from the movie Madagascar). So Melman it is--on the back of the quilt. 

I'm linking up today with Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday and with Sew Fresh Quilts for Let's Bee Social.



3 comments:

Kaja said...

I always forget I'm going to have to make a back as well. You think we'd learn!

ES said...

Melman! that made me snort with laughter!!

DianeLoves2Quilt said...

Love the graph paper planning! Resonates with me.